Homeschooling in Languedoc
There is an active homeschooling community in the Languedoc Roussillon, with plenty of events for children of all ages.
For information on activities in the department of Aude (including in Quillan, Limoux and Esperaza), please see the links below:
- Quillan - Activities for Children (in French) - Contact details for various social and sporting events and societies in Quillan.
- English tuition in Aude - Philip Baker is an experienced English teacher based near Quillan, offering English lessons to children and adults, plus History, Geography and Religious Education tuition.
- French tuition in Aude - Cath Mascres offers French and Maths tuition for children of all ages.
Home education (or homeschooling) is becoming increasingly popular in France and in other countries of the world.
Parent Concept is a website run by a home educating family based in Quillan, Languedoc Roussillon and this website provides useful information to those who are homeschooling (or considering it), with some information specific to those in the Aude or Languedoc Roussillon area.
Home Educating in France
If you're looking for general information on home education in France, then please see the links below:
- France homeschooling FAQ - Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about homeschooling in France.
- French homeschooling law - A translation of the official legal status of home education in France, with highlighted sections explaining your rights.
- Sample home education registration letters - Sample letters to register with your local mayor and to your local French Inspection Academic (l'Inspecteur d'Académie).